Want to jump rope properly? Read below.
Skipping ropes are cheap, affordable and portable. You don’t need to go to the gym!
Skipping ropes burn calories within a short amount of time and it increases your metabolism which aids weight loss.
Here are some beginner tips to help you start off:
1. Keep your feet close together when jumping
2. Always jump on the mid-soles of your feet and land softly. This is to avoid injuries to the ankle.
3. Keep your jumping height low (½” - 1” off the ground). Initially, this may quite difficult for you however it is beneficial in the long run because it will enable you to do more rotations within a shorter period of time.
4. Keep your knees slightly bent always
5. Maintain a tall, neutral spine (You don’t want back pains when you’re older!)
6. Keep your head up, chest up, and head looking forwards
7. Keep your shoulders pulled back and your elbows held down and back
8. Keep your hands along the mid-line of your body (along that string)
9. Use your wrists to turn the rope (not your elbows or shoulders)
Let us know how you do at our Facebook: www.facebook.com/GetSlimNoGym